04 Jul Addis Ababa City Tour
Start. Be met and welcomed by your guide at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport or your place of stay in Addis Ababa. Then drive north of Addis with a comfortable private Toyota minivan
1. A village of the Oromo people along the way to Debre Libanos would be the first stop to experience the way of life of the countryside people.
2. After driving 100 km, visit Debre Libanos Monastery which was founded in the 13th Century AD and is the biggest monastery in Ethiopia. Check out also the monastery’s museum which displays a wide collection of ancient relics.
3. Then, walk around and look for the Gelada Baboons which are endemic to the Ethiopian highlands.
4. Next, walk for about 15 minutes to see the hand made stone bridge known as the Portuguese Bridge (16th Century AD). If you happen to come from June to September you will enjoy the majestic water fall around.
5. Afterwards, walk to the best outlook to see the picturesque view of the Jemma River Valley. Jemma River is one of the tributaries of the Blue Nile River – the longest running in the world.
6. One the way back to Addis Ababa, you will have a stop to attend a typical Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony. It is a great experience to see how Ethiopians enjoy their coffee with a ceremony, and to enjoy one of the best cup of coffee in life as Ethiopia is the origin of Coffee.
Finish. Head back to Addis Ababa